RealNetworks Knowledge Base
posted this on April 30, 2013 14:12
How do I activate my purchase of RealDownloader Plus? What can I do if I get an error message?
RealDownloader Plus will be shut down and discontinued on March 31. If you have already purchased the program, you can continue to use it and receive live support until March 31.
Our new product, RealPlayer Cloud, has an accelerated downloader and enables you to store and easily access videos from any device. If you are on Windows 7 or above, we encourage you to try it out by downloading it from http://real.com.
Note: These instructions apply to customers who purchased RealDownloaderPlus as a separate product, NOT to customers who purchased RealPlayer Plus. If you purchased RealPlayer Plus, simply sign in to access your Plus features.
When you purchase RealDownloader Plus, you receive an email with the license key. You can also find the license key in My Account:
2. Click Billing History in the upper left corner.
3. RealDownloader Plus will be listed under Description. To the far right, under Options, click Details.
4. The license key is listed under Serial Number in the middle of the page. A license key for RealDownloader Plus looks like this: XQVP2-ZUAWA-782YA-BZ9DX
To activate, open the free version of RealDownloader.
1. Click the RealDownloader logo and select Activate.
2. Open the email with your license key.
3. Copy the license key from the email and paste it into the RealDownloader Product Activation dialog.
Note: The best way to enter the license key is to copy and paste from the email. If you do choose to type it, please be aware that the license key is case-sensitive. Make sure it looks exactly as it does in the email--all capital letters, and including the dashes.
4. Click Activate.
When your license key is accepted, the title bar of the RealDownloader window will change from this: